Friday, July 11, 2008

Return



So, I know that when I dont post anything on my blog(s), the world as we know it stands still. And I must admit, that it has been a ridiculously long time since I last posted, but life sometimes gets ridiculous too. So here are the pics that I alluded would be coming in my last post. This is from an AWESOME trip with some good buddies. It was so awesome that I was inspired to create a third blog (http://cloudsplitters.blogspot.com/)to track the 4 guys from this trip and our goal to become 46ers. This was an amazing trip that brought me to 16 out of the 46. We did 4 peaks (all in the top ten) in 2 1/2 days. Without further babbling...
Me on top on Mt Haystack (3rd highest).


Haystack again


Some rock scramblin'


On top of Basin Mt (9th highest)


One of a couple ladders to assist in some steep sections




Late night munchies. Actually what happened was when we got to our lean to around 12 midnight, we just wanted to crash, so we stuffed all our food into our bear bin; it didnt fit and some pop tarts got crushed. This is us cleaning up the mess.


Jer C. and Tom on top of Haystack


View of Mt Marcy from Haystack


On top on Mt Marcy (highest peak in all of NY state)


Mario, Jer C. and Tom sizin' up Marcy before the final push



On the way up Basin



On top of Skylight (4th highest). Marcy in the background



Foggy woods


Sketchy "high water" bridge


Stream crossing


Forest Friend


At John's Brook Lodge. Good Friends



3 comments:

victoria said...

cool pics. you're cute.

marla said...

You suck! I've got a lot of catching up to do. I should be posting about Santanoni tomorrow. Talk to you soon. Justin

rachel said...

Looks awesome! We did some hiking this weekend - although we never required the assistance of a ladder... yikes.